Seasonal Produce: White and Yellow Corn, Heirloom Tomatoes, including Golden Jubilee, Yellow Ttaxi, Brandywine, Marvel Stripe, Red Italian Garlic, Lemon, Armenian and Jordanian Cucumbers, Fresh Cranberry Beans, Garlic Chives, Tarragon, Chervil, Red and Green Thompson Seedless Grapes, Champagne Grapes, Plums, Wild Blackberries, Italian Butter Pears, Melons, Gravenstein Apples, Blueberries
Stormato is a type of Italian Cakes. It’s great to be served for celebrating an important occasions.
4 sheets or 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
1 can Muir Glen whole tomatoes or comparatble quality canned tomato (crushed by hand, 28 oz can)
1 cup Italian Parsley, nice leaves picked only
1 1/2 cup Fresh Basil, leaves only
3 cloves Garlic, inner germ removed minced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Aged Sherry vinegar
Sugar to balance acid
Salt and Fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 lb small arugula leaves
1 cup shaved parmigiano reggiano
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 thin baquettes, rubbed with garlic (8 oz each), cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slice
1 garlic bulb, cut in half
1. Soak gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes. Drain well and squeeze out excess moisture.
2. Place tomatoed in glass bowl, crush gently using your hands. Add 1 cup tomato, and gelatin to a small nonreactive sauce pan. Bring to simmer until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool until just warm to the touch. Add basil, parsley, garlic, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
3. To a food processor or blender add tomato mixture; while whirling, add 1/2 cup of the oil in a steady stream, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Pour mixture into a 4 cup mold, or into 8 individual 3 to 4 ounce molds or small dishes. Chill filled molds at least 4 hours or until firm to the touch.
4. Lighly coat sliced bread with olive oil. Place slices on 10 by 15 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degree Farenheit until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool.
5. To serve, fill sink with hot water. Set molds or dishes 1 at a time into water for 5 seconds; be caredul not to let water run into mold. Run a knife around the edge of each mold; turn out small molds onto plates. To unmold 4 cup mold, invert a platter over mold; flip mold and platter together.
6. Garnish Stormato with arugula leaves, shaved parm, crostini and virgin olive oil.
Serves 6 to 8